Mazda CX-9 Towing Capacity
Looking for a sleek mid-size crossover with big towing power? The Mazda CX-9 may not look like a workhorse — but looks can be deceiving. How much can the Mazda CX-9 tow when it comes to heavier trailering tasks? Thanks to proprietary Mazda Skyactiv Technology, boosted engine output results in a Mazda CX-9 towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds. That’s plenty for a large popup camper and most motorized boats. If you think this powerful and stylish crossover could be the best match for your diverse needs in El Paso, read on for an overview of the 2020 Mazda CX-9 engine specs and towing features from Rudolph Mazda!
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Key Performance Specs
All four CX-9 trims come standard with a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that features Mazda SKYACTIV Technology. Introduced in 2011, Mazda continues to refine Skyactiv®-G engines for breakthrough performance and dramatically improved fuel economy across the lineup. That means you’ll save money at the gas pump when you head out of Las Cruces, NM for your road-trip adventures.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Engine Specs:
- Engine — Skyactiv®-G 2.5T Dynamic Pressure Turbo DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with VVT
- Horsepower with 87 octane regular unleaded fuel — 227 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Horsepower with 93 octane premium unleaded fuel — 250 hp @ 5,000 rpm
- Torque — 310 lb-ft @ 2,000 rpm
- Towing capacity — 3,500 pounds
- Transmission — 6-speed automatic
With the engines providing the extra power, the 6-speed automatic transmission completes the package with a smooth transfer of power to the wheels. Enjoy a perfect balance of power and comfort, plus a customized driving experience with additional Sport and Manual modes to choose from. For added capability on more challenging road surfaces you can select the Signature trim for standard AWD, or upgrade the Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring trims with available AWD.
2020 MAZDA CX-9 Towing Features
With great towing power comes great responsibility to your passengers and fellow drivers in Alamagordo, NM. The CX-9 is outfitted with the latest in towing-specific safety technology to ensure safe and stable towing:
- Dynamic Stability Control with Traction Control System and Trailer Stability Assist — This feature reads the road conditions and adjusts vehicle characteristics to maximize stability when cornering on Van Horn roads.
- Skyactiv-Vehicle Dynamics with the G-Vectoring Control System — Standard on all Mazda CX-9 models, this intuitive system adjusts application of torque to the wheels for optimal control in any weather conditions and all road surfaces.
- i-Activ AWD® System — This available feature reads road conditions and sends power to the wheels that need it most. While all four trims get the same towing capacity with FWD or AWD , AWD is a valuable safety asset if you expect to drive on less stable road surfaces such as gravel.
Test Drive a 2020 MAZDA CX-9 in El Paso!
Rudolph Mazda is proud to offer quality Mazda vehicles and special financing to drivers in the greater El Paso area. Browse our new CX-9 inventory online, learn more about the Mazda CX-9 price, and then visit our dealership to explore fantastic new vehicle specials and specialized Mazda service near Las Cruces, NM. If you’re ready to experience the CX-9 for yourself, want to check out the available Mazda lease deals, our used Mazda CX-5 models, Mazda CX-5 lease deals, want to find safe driving tips, learn who makes Mazda, about the available Mazda SUV models, the Mazda CX-9 interior, or if you want to learn about the Mazda3 tire sizes, contact us to schedule a test drive today!
More from Rudolph Mazda
Las Cruces, NM drivers looking for a sleek and modern ride that will elevate their daily commute are sure to be impressed by the new 2021 Mazda CX-30 specs. With two available engine and drivetrain options, as well as dependable cabin specs and a one-of-a-kind exterior, these Mazda specs will exceed expectations. Get a closer look at…
Las Cruces, NM drivers looking to enhance their drive with a unique three-row crossover might be wondering, “How much is a Mazda CX-9?” The new 2021 Mazda CX-9 price of the base Sport package starts at $34,160 MSRP*, and it sets the stage for the lineup’s stellar offering of distinct Mazda SUVs. Explore a range of consistent…
Sporty and functional with six trim levels, the 2021 Mazda3 Hatchback configurations offer something for every Las Cruces, NM driver who feels the need for speed without sacrificing crucial passenger and cargo space. With seating for five and 20.1 cubic feet of cargo space in the hatch, the Mazda3 Hatchback is well-suited for a variety of Alamagordo, NM…